Written in the Stars
Hi, I’m Alyssa; I was born on December 15, which makes me a Sagittarius. I’ve always known my sign, as I’m sure most people do, but I never really felt connected to it at all. I read horoscopes in magazines when I was a teenager and never really resonated with them. To be honest, I always thought they were pretty silly.
However, lately I have been learning more about astrology and it’s actually really interesting! The main sign that most people know is their Sun sign; the position the sun was in the sky when they were born. But did you know, there’s more to it than that? There are so many more aspects to your birth chart that help define who you are. Think about all the other things in our solar system – the moon and all of the planets. The specific position of each of them can tell you a bit about yourself. That helps explain why not every Sagittarius (or any other sign) is exactly the same! This is a great website to look up your birth chart if you’re interested!
Ok, so I know some of you are not buying any of this, and that’s ok! I’m just here to share my experience and if it resonates, cool, if not, no biggie 😊
The reason I want to talk about this today is because we had a full moon in Capricorn on Tuesday and as I was writing my full moon email, I realized that the past new and full moons have been as follows:
1. Full Moon in Sagittarius – June 17th
2. New Moon in Cancer – July 2nd
3. Full Moon in Capricorn – July 16th
And I realized that those three signs correspond with the main aspects of my birth chart:
1. Sun in Sagittarius
2. Moon in Capricorn
3. Rising Sign in Cancer
It was an interesting realization and made me want to dig deeper. I’ve been meaning to read more about my birth chart for a while now but I kept putting it off, so this realization really propelled me into it. This is what I found out about myself:
· Sun in Sagittarius – your sun sign relates to your identity. Sagittarius is a fire sign. It explains my need for constant change and having a growth-mindset. I love learning and exploring. I require freedom and travel. I’m generally optimistic. I have a reputation of good fortune, but really, it’s a result of positive expectations and determination, not luck.
· Moon in Capricorn – your moon sign relates to your inner self. Capricorn is an earth sign. It explains my serious and responsible side. I tend to appear reserved at first, taking time to warm up to others and develop closeness but when I do, I’m very loving and loyal. I often put up a shell to protect myself and hide my emotions, but it’s important for me to be vulnerable and reveal my emotions to be authentic and make deeper connections with others.
· Rising Sign in Cancer – your rising sign relates to how others see you. Cancer is a water sign and is ruled by the moon. I have a strong intuition and am extremely sensitive. I also have a strong desire to help others. I can feel overly responsible for what others are feeling, and again, I can develop an outer shell to protect my vulnerability. Family is very important to me and I have a strong bond with my mom. I was a quiet and cautious child, always wanting to be obedient. I have a tendency to hold onto things that have emotional significance and reminisce.
These are the three most common aspects of a birth chart to look into but there is so much more I have yet to explore. It’s cool (in my opinion) to look it up and see what resonates with you! I used this website and found that the descriptions were pretty on point. At the very least, it prompts you to take a closer look at your tendencies and you might just notice something about yourself that you overlooked before.
I’m constantly on a self-discovery journey and I think making a link between what’s going on in nature and how it affects us is a really interesting aspect. If you are interested in any of this and would like to know more about the moon cycle, I send out biweekly newsletters talking about the new and full moon. Message me on Instagram or send me an email by clicking the envelope at the bottom of the page if you want to be added to the distribution list!
Thanks to Google, I realized that it just so happens that I’m writing this on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing…what a coincidence!